Safety in the workplace is our first priority
Providing a safe workplace for our staff and high quality, safe catering for our customers has been and will continue to be our first priority. We want to put your mind at ease by sharing the steps we are taking to keep our customers and staff safe and healthy.
Covid-19 safety procedures
We have stringent health and safety processes in place to keep our workplace and staff Covid-19 free. These procedures include:
- Anyone who has any flu like symptoms is to excluded from the workplace until a Covid-19 test returns a negative result.
- Daily temperature checks for all staff and anyone who urgently needs to enter the office or kitchen (such as repair or maintenance staff ) as they arrive at premises.
- Thorough washing prior to, during shifts, before and after breaks and at the end of the day.
- Having multiple hand sanitising stations within the business easily accessible to all staff.
- Delivery drivers to wear a face mask and gloves at all times . Gloves to be changed after each customer delivery.
Covid-19 safety procedures continued…
- All kitchen staff to wear gloves and approved facemasks when preparing food. Gloves to be changed regularly.
- Daily sanitisation of the kitchen, office and delivery vehicles.
- All staff to work 1.5 metres apart and socially distance during breaks.
- Limited access to the kitchen to only essential staff, no visitors and no salespeople. Limited access to office staff to the kitchen at this time.
These measures are in addition to our day to day safe food handling procedures
We are prepared
In the most unlikely situation that a staff member test’s positive to Covid-19 we have a detailed action plan in place. The first step is to isolate the employee and the associated team from our business . All staff members will be tested and instructed to isolate until test results are back. As a necessary precaution the kitchen and office areas will be given a thorough deep clean. Anyone infected will need to self-isolate for 14 days and be retested before returning to work as per the Victorian state government guidelines.
Culture and mental health
Mental health is always concern, but at the moment, more than ever before. People may be feeling isolated or anxious about the future. Our management team are keeping in regular touch with all our team, checking in with their health and welfare, as well as informing them of important information. As a first line of intervention we recommend that if a team member is experiencing difficulties they review the Beyond Blue site, as it has excellent tools to assist with positive mental health.
Thorough cleaning and sanitisation
Our cleaning process is thorough and detailed & includes cleaning and sanitation with hospital grade disinfectants continuously throughout the day. Staff prepare food wearing approved facemasks & gloves that are changed on a very regular basis.
Lets talk … were here to help !!